CDRW Question

Eric quadrant at apex.homedns.org
Sun Jul 6 07:19:56 PDT 2003

I have an Imation CD-RW, and have placed the required parameters
(for CDRW access) into my kernel configuration file before recompiling
my kernel. But cdrecord isn't able to recognize the drive.

Here's the output from /var/run/dmesg.boot

acd0: CDROM <NEC CD-ROM DRIVE:28C> at ata1-master PIO4
acd1: CDROM <IMATIOCD-RW IMW040420> at ata1-slave PIO4
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad1s1a
cd0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <NEC CD-ROM DRIVE:28C 3.33> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 16.000MB/s transfers
cd0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present

FreeBSD 4.8 saw it at cd1, but for some reason 5.1 doesn't recognize it.

What can I do to access this extra drive?