parallel scanner support

Alin-Adrian Anton aanton at reversedhell.net
Sat Jul 5 10:26:39 PDT 2003

Hi folks,

I have a Colorpage Vivid Pro II Film scanner and I saw on the SANE
project's website that it is fully supported and that it is stable. It
is reported as OP9636T/12000T, and supported by the plustek backened. It
is a parallel port scanner.

So I instaleld /usr/ports/graphics/xsane and that's all. Everything
worked well, but I am a little confused. On the plustek site they say
that for parallel port scanners there is need for downloading a kernel
module. As far as I can see, that is a Linux kernel module.

I would like to know if installing xsane from ports (which installs it's
dependencies) also installs a port of that kernel module. Or is there a
port for the kernel module? What should I do? Or don't I need to install
a kernel module (there is no /dev/pt_drv in my /dev).

Of course I tried to rebooting hoping it will load something magically,
but that never works. The configuration file is present.