Compiling

Ronny Hippler r11roadster at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 10:37:30 PDT 2003

On 04 Jul 2003 10:24:10 -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>> 	I am having a problem compiling several programs. I keep getting the
>> error can't find expat, but I have it installed. pkg_info lists it and if I
look
>> /usr/local/include there is an expat.h file what am I missing? I am trying
>> compile fontconfig 2.2.1, also while trying to compile  xmule 1.5.2 I get the
>> error:
>> make: can not allocate memory
>> 	Error code 1

>Is there anything more informative in the output before the errors you
>showed?  Do you get the same errors from the different things you try
>to compile, or are the symptoms (even slightly) different?  Do you
>have process limits on memory (e.g., from login.conf: check the output
>of limits(1) to be sure)?  Have you upgraded your base system?

Well apache compiles fine. it's just emule that gives the mem error. there are
a couple of progs that can't find the expat libs though. font config being one.
when compiling e(x)mule I get:
vr5# make
make  all-recursive
Making all in intl
Making all in m4
Making all in src
Making all in wx
Making all in xrc
make: Cannot allocate memory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/xmule-1.5.2/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/xmule-1.5.2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/xmule-1.5.2.
 here are my limits this is a new install on a new machine and I made no
changes to the limits.

Resource limits (current):
  cputime          infinity secs
  filesize         infinity kb
  datasize           524288 kb
  stacksize           65536 kb
  coredumpsize     infinity kb
  memoryuse        infinity kb
  memorylocked     infinity kb
  maxprocesses         3675
  openfiles            7351
  sbsize           infinity bytes
  vmemoryuse       infinity kb

--

Why do I use OS/2 ... I like having a choice !!

Ronny Hippler || Spartanburg SC
http://www.vr5.dyndns.org:8008/ || ftp://ftp.vr5.dyndns.org:2112/
For PGP key email with "PGPKey" in the subject