list archives not searchable anymore?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 13:15:00 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:50:39PM -0600, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> I try and search for any term at all and they all come back with no
> results.
>
> This happens on OS X Safari browser, OS X IE, and Windows XP IE6.  Is
> this broken or am I just doing something wrong?

This appears to be problem with the website, perhaps a consequence of
the move of all of the FreeBSD mailing lists from majordomo to Mailman
a few months ago.  You should go to
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo where if you follow the
links to the archives of any particular list, you can then search
within that list -- unfortunately, just one list at a time though.

A handy trick, I find, is to use Googles' site: feature.  Eg, this
search will pick up references to the Adaptec 2100S Raid Controller in
FBSD mailing lists:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=site%3Alists.freebsd.org+adaptec+2100S&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

	Cheers,

	Matthew