Using a RAID-card with FreeBSD

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Thu Jul 3 11:05:20 PDT 2003

On Thursday, Jul 3, 2003, at 09:44 US/Mountain, Micheal Patterson wrote:

> As I recall, that particular system is running an Adaptec 2100S under
> FreeBSD 4.8. I've not found any software that can access that
> particular
> raid directly for configuration from within the running OS.

Actually Adaptec has FreeBSD management software for the 2100S.  I
had/have two machines running 2100S and FreeBSD 4.7 and on one of them
I can get the management software to run and on one of them I can't.
There is no difference in the machines themselves.  But you can
download and try the software from the adaptec website.

Chad