Procmail Recipie For FreeBSD Lists?

Paul Chvostek paul+fbsd at it.ca
Thu Jul 3 09:13:05 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 08:53:30AM -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> About a year or two ago, someone posted his recipe for sorting FreeBSD
> lists.  This particular one was nice in that it extracted the list name
> from the "From" line (I think) and then created the appropriate folder
> if it didn't exist.  So freebsd-questions list items were put in the
> 'questions' folder, freebsd-stable in the 'stable' folder, and so on.  I
> have search the archives for this post for the past two days but have
> been unsuccessful.  I've tried to write it myself but this is not my
> area of expertise.  Does anyone have such a recipe they are willing to
> share?

Easy enough:

  :0:
  * List-Id:[^<]+<\/freebsd-[^.]
  $MATCH

This will store each list in a folder prefixed by "freebsd-".  If you
want freebsd-questions to be stored in a folder named "questions", just
move the \/ (which marks the beginning of the MATCH variable) to after
the "freebsd-".

And if you want it to support other RFC2919-compliant lists (that is,
ones which include the "List-Id:" header), simply remove "freebsd-" from
the recipe.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul at it.ca>
  it.canada                                            http://www.it.ca/