Need guidance in choosing mail-client

Tony Hacche agh at nosc.ja.net
Thu Jul 3 01:38:54 PDT 2003

I would have to agree. I have tried loads of mail clients in my time and mutt
does it for me. I don't go in for bells and whistles so I find gui-based
clients somewhat tiresome. mutt is very flexible and the sort-by-thread
option is brilliant.

It doesn't do html, but then e-mail should be text - if I receive an e-mail
message in html-only I have no qualms about deleting it without reading it ;o)

Try mutt - you won't be disappointed. Unless you crave a gui ;o)

Tony

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:21:35AM -0400, parv wrote:
> in message <200305290834.h4T8Yds30576 at thunder.trej.net>,
> wrote Joachim Dagerot thusly...
> >
> > I do miss an oportunity to choose sender each time I post
> > a message, only way to solve that is to set up multiple
> > accounts...
> >
> > In Evolution it's basically only the "sort messages in thread"
> > that's really useful.
> >
> > Based on the two criterias above (Possibility to have multiple
> > sender addresses on one account, and messages sorted in threads)
> > can you give me some hints on good software?
>
> You can do all that and some more w/ mutt.  Mutt can run both in
> X (in xterm) or in console.
>
> (I use -devel port w/ almost all the options, plus some external (to
> port) nifty patches: tag_prefix_cond & threadcomplete.)
>

>   - Parv
>
> --
> A programmer, budding Unix system administrator, and amateur photographer
> ISO employment...
>
>   http://www103.pair.com/parv/work/

* Tony Hacche        *
* ULCC               *