Which server-side programming should i choose.

sanketh sangam sankethb at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 13:19:30 PDT 2003

I have a Apache webserver on FreeBSD machine. I think
mySQL is also installed(I do not know how to check if
mySQl is installed on that sytem).
I am planning to put a user authentication to access
my webpages in the server. For that i need to write
server-side programming. Since there are any
server-side softwares(PHP, ASP, JSP, Perl........) ,I
am confused as to which one would be better for Apache
and freeBSD.
Instead of going for those server-side programming,
should I go for HTTP authentication method. I am
confused. Any kind of help would be appreciated.