gkrellm-xkb doesnt work

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jul 2 06:57:51 PDT 2003

Hi

I just installed gkrellm-xkb from the ports (1.00 on 5.1 release with
Xfree86-4.3.0,1 and gkrellm2). I can enable it in gkrellm config, but
there is no menu entry to configure it. The gkrellm install log says
it installed just fine. The krell where the flags should be just shows
a question mark.

Is there normally an entry under Configuration/Plugins where I can
adjust settings?
Is my Xfree86Config wrong?

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Inspiron Keyboard"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "inspiron"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Is there anything else I might have missed? Who has got this thing
working?

Oh, and the checksums seem wrong. I had them overridden, maybe there
lies the problem?

thanks, t.