Dell Perc3 raid cards

Matthew Bettinger mbettinger at championelevators.com
Tue Jul 1 07:02:22 PDT 2003

Hello,

 We are looking for a dell box to run a small (MySQL) database on and
was curious as to how well the raid card support is in these newer
machines.  A box that would meet our needs would be something along the
lines of a power edge 1650.  These come with  PERC3-DI,128MB Battery
Backed Cache RAID cards.  Does anyone have an experience using these
cards with bsd and,  actually replacing a disk (raid 5) using the raid
utilis that come with the 4.8 branch of BSD ?

Regards,
--
Matthew Bettinger
System Administrator