IPFW Rule set question...

Drew Robertson the_brothel at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 08:34:50 PST 2003

Thanks for your reply.

I don't understand what you mean when you say NAT modifications... meaning
how the packets are changed on the gateway to allow them to be seen as
transparent from behind??

When I do a netstat -an while connected remotley it shows the connection on
SSH as coming from 203.10.10.38, but when I add a rule to allow everything
from that net it still won't allow access...

I did add the rule before the divert, but i still couldn't connect until i
added an allow all manually...

i also tried opening up the ssh port to everyone, with allow tcp from any to
me 22 via tl0, but that wouldn't allow a connection either...

It's a bit confusing...

Thanks again,