5.2 RC2: Semi-deterministic gcc segfault during buildworld

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Wed Dec 31 22:39:05 PST 2003

> I had this exact problem. It was due to optimisation flag -O3 in
> my CFLAGS in make.conf (the handbook says to not use too much
> optimisation). I had no problems after I removed it.

Thanks a lot for responding!

Unfortunately this does not seem to be the cause in this case. /etc/make.conf
does not contain any modifications to gcc optimization parameters, and indeed
gcc is invoked with only '-O' when compiling.

It's more or less a fresh install; I haven't touched make.conf.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org