Using maildrop from sendmail aliases file

W. Sierke ws at au.dyndns.ws
Wed Dec 31 05:42:14 PST 2003

"W. Sierke" wrote:
> to recap: I'm trying to run maildrop from /etc/mail/aliases with the
> following entry:
>
> second-domain-tld:    "|/usr/local/bin/maildrop -d ws at first.domain.tld"
>
> where second-domain-tld is from an entry in virtusertable.
>
> Initially this gave me:
>
> Dec 25 17:05:19 maildrop[75657]: Cannot set my user or group id.
>

> so as per the above included text, I tried making maildrop setuid:
>
> Dec 26 15:08:20 maildrop[93442]: You are not a trusted user.

Turns out this was an issue with the maildrop port. There doesn't appear to
be a way of configuring 'trusted users' for maildrop without directly
modifying the Makefile. And maildrop doesn't get installed suid despite
having it's "--enable-maildrop-uid" option set. Making maildrop suid and
configuring it with user:mailnull as a trusted user got it working. Time for
a change request I think.

Wayne