FreeBSD Motherboard survey...

Francisco francisco at natserv.net
Tue Dec 30 17:38:13 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Philip Hallstrom wrote:

> I'd love for this to take off and become a repository of sorts...

It is a great idea.
About the only thing that would be nice about it, is if someday there
could be something like it for other pieces of hardware too. For instance
DVD/CD burners come to mind. This is a very common question on the lists
and something I think many people search on. I for one try to search the
lists/google when buying new hardware to see what has worked for others.

This, in my opinion, will be great for mobile users. I think for the most
part most motherboards outthere, single CPU, probably work with FreeBSD.
Laptops however is probably a totally different game.