Headless install problem

Daniela dgw at liwest.at
Tue Dec 30 16:56:12 PST 2003

Hi, I'm doing a headless install for the first time (4.9-R) but it won't work.
I followed the procedure in the handbook carefully. When I enter
`cu -l /dev/cuaa0` it just tells me I'm connected, but the handbook says it
should prompt me for the second floppy.

I tried cu -d:

	cu: fconn_open: Opening port /dev/cuaa0 (default speed)
	cu: fsserial_open: Baud rate is 9600
	cu: fconn_set: Changing setting to 0, 0, 2
	Connected.

I checked the floppies, there's nothing wrong with them, but it looks like the
computer fails to boot the kernel. The boot order is set correctly. It did
boot a DOS floppy before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Daniela