Backup Server

Dave McCammon davemac11 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 10:56:10 PST 2003

man mysqldump

and check out the man page for rsync at

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=rsync&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.1-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html

you can dump the databases  and use rsync on the
single machine("client") to copy or pull the
files/directories of your choosing from the "servers"
to the "client".
Please look at the man page and look at the scripts
for rsync that were given in this thread. It is quite
easy to setup.
After looking back at one of your other replies, You
don't need to have rsync running as a daemon on any of
the machines. You just need to have rsync installed on
all. Rsync will basically tunnel through ssh (or rsh
if you want) to do the transfers(or synchronizations).