help

Eric F Crist ecrist at adtechintegrated.com
Mon Dec 29 17:17:40 PST 2003

On Monday 29 December 2003 11:52 pm, Aeden wrote:
> Hi I am new to freebsd and unix. I would like you to help me if you can, i
> need some tutorials or documets on unix commands and so and how to use bsd
> without X just the shell can you give me information on websites which
> offer this service thank you!

Aeden,

First off, if you expect to actually get help from this group, it is a good
idea to put a more descriptive subject line on your emails.  Most people
delete these 'bad subject' emails on the spot, including me, I'm just in a
good mood today... ;)

You can try a couple different sources that are freely available.  The first
one being on your system already is the man page system.  Simply type:

# man <command>

Where command is the command you want help with.  Your other source would be
the FreeBSD handbook.  You can view this at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook

HTH

Eric Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc