Fuzzy out of focus console w/new flatscreen monitor on bootup

Rob listone at deathbeforedecaf.net
Mon Dec 29 17:06:54 PST 2003

I'm guessing that this switch changes the video mode in Linux - have a
look at vidcontrol(1) to achieve the same thing here.

The command

    vidcontrol -i mode

will list your available modes - for console work, you're probably only
interested in the text ones. Note also that if you load the vesa kernel
module with

    kldload vesa

the list will be longer. One of these modes should be the 'native'
resolution of your display, which will give you a clear picture.