Does FreeBSD allow one to use the Floppy Drive on a SunBlade 100 ?

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Mon Dec 29 15:22:47 PST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:05:40 -0500
"fbsd_user" <fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com> wrote:

>  I have Googled and I know that FreeBSD 4.9 cannot utilize the
> floppy drive as well.
>
> You are complete wrong.
>
> I have been using FBSD since 4.2 and the floppy has been working for
> me.

According to http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/hardware-sparc64.html,
"1.44 Mbyte floppy drives" are not supported.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.1R/hardware-sparc64.html doesn't say
anything about floppy drives that I could find, but it says that Sun
Blade 100 is "Fully Supported."

I suppose can infer from that that floppy drive support on the Sun
Blade 100 made it in between 5.0 and 5.1.

-Chris