FTP Problem

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sat Dec 27 19:14:21 PST 2003

You post is lacking details about what and from where you are doing
things from. I will try to guess at what you are trying to say.

You have pc with FBSD as gateway with LAN behind it. You have FTP
enabled in inted for auto launch on request. Lan users can FTP into
their /home directories.  Your FBSD gateway has static public ip
address with registered domain name pointing to it. From another pc
with ms/windows system you gained access to the public internet and
used the free shareware FTP program WS_FTP to login to your account
on your FBSD gateway box and FTP into your home directory and it
would not work.

This sounds like your firewall does not have rules to allow FTP
access from the public internet, or you have WS_FTP configured to
use active FTP instead of passive FTP.

Next time you post try to be more descriptive in describing your
problem. Your lucky my ESP is in holiday mode so I could reach your
meaning. Ha ha ha