Two little CVS questions

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Sat Dec 27 12:35:44 PST 2003

1.  How do I check in a revision with the file date instead of the
current date (like cvs import -d, only there's no such option for cvs
co)?

2.  Do any utilities already exist for appending one repo (,v) file to
another, or even intelligently merging repo files so that you get a
history containing all revisions from both?

These issues are coming up a lot as I try to move a lot of projects
into CVS without losing what history we have of their development.
This tends to involve massive directory searches, file sorts by date,
intelligently organized file copying and cvs imports, etc... but an
oversight amid all that would be MUCH easier to fix if I could do the
above things.

--
Doug Lee           dgl at dlee.org        http://www.dlee.org
Bartimaeus Group   doug at bartsite.com   http://www.bartsite.com