A Challenge... NAT for PPP dial in user

Q q_dolan at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 26 15:07:43 PST 2003

I must have missed the original email, but I  think the fact that the
local end of the ppp link has the same IP address as the machine's
default gateway is probably more to blame.

The ppp ifaddr range should be either on a different subnet, or use an
address range not already in use on the lan. This means BOTH ends of the
link. So take out '192.168.1.1' and replace it with something unused.
You will probably need to change the add route statement to
'add HISADDR 255.255.255.255 MYADDR' because you don't want to route the
whole subnet down the ppp interface.

Seeya...Q