Can't traceroute to my box

Frank DeChellis frankd at iaw.on.ca
Fri Dec 26 05:51:25 PST 2003

Hi.

I am new to FreeBSD.  I have been using NetBSD for about 9 years.  I have
FreeBSD v. 4.8 Release #1 running.  Everything is smooth expect for one
thing.

I can't traceroute to the box.  I can do a traceroute -I to it, but not a
regular traceroute, which tells me something about UDP, but I don't know
where to look.

IS there a file somewhere that is closing certain UDP ports that respond to
traceroute?

Other than this, the box is working fine.

Thanks and I look forward to learning more about FreeBSD.

Frank

Frank DeChellis, President
Internet Access Worldwide
3 East Main St.  Welland, ON, Canada L3B 3W4
1-905-714-1400   http://www.iaw.com