identd in jailed 4.9-STABLE

Alexander amour at bugs.elitsat.net
Thu Dec 25 04:38:26 PST 2003

Hello,

you seem to not have tried this under 4.9 or not under jail.
In the host environment I haven't run anything else but sshd which is
bound to listen on the IP != jail environment. In the jail environment
it's not possible to bind on IP outside the jail. After googling a little
I found that this is because identd uses tcp_getcred() which won't leak
information to jail environment. There were a patch for 4.3 which made
identd work but the patch won't work on 4.9-STABLE.

If someone made identd work in jailed environment, please explain how.

thanks