problem with ld-elf.so.1

hymette at wanadoo.fr hymette at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 24 11:29:48 PST 2003

I've done what you said and could rebuild some packages including
gettext and pkgconfig but the previous error message remains for
applications running ld-elf. For example gkrellm - which I could
rebuild easily - still aborts at runtime with "ld-elf.so.1 : Shared
object libintl.so.4 not found". There is no way to install gkrellm2
(because of pango complaining "ld-elf.so.1 :
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: Undefined symbol
"FT_Get_BDF_Property""). Mozilla does not work nor build anew either.
Mozilla-devel aborts during configure warning it does not find
libraries and asking to setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH, which does not help.

The other applications seem to work well.
I think also that I made errors with pkgdb -F .

Is there a way to fix this ?

Do you think that a portupgrade of all packages could help ?
How would I recover the correct dependency lists if I corrupted them
with pkgdb -F?

In the worse case how could I get rid of all my ports and pkgs and
rebuild them from scratch without messing the system ?