missing /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 ... not found

Peter Leftwich Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com
Tue Dec 23 21:12:04 PST 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:
> ld-elf.so.1 should also be on the first CD. Its just inside
> the split tar.gz files which make up the base of FreeBSD.
>
> Check out the bin/ directory on the cd, all the bin.[a-z][a-z]
> files are a split of a large tar.gz, and that includes the ld-elf.so.1
> --
> Regards, Ulf.
> Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-865-0204
> You can find my resume at: http://seven.Alameda.net/~ulf/resume.html

UGH and *lament* - I came home thinking "Tonight will be the night, I can
stop using this bootable-ramdisk-creating Knoppix Debian Linux CD-R and
again start using FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE..."

But no.  I looked at /mnt/cdrom1/bin/* and tried a `tar -tzf
binary-filename-here` to list the contents but it didn't work.  Is there a
"++CONTENTS" or "ls-laR.tgz" file somewhere of the contents?

Is the consensus that if this /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 file is replaced
then all should be fixed?  Thanks Ulf!

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services