fbsd4.9 sendmail

Feroz F. Basir dbase77 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 08:00:19 PST 2003

Hi,

My mail server is within my LAN and we dont have/use
DNS server. Why sendmail want to resolve domain.com? I
thought using smart host will tranfer all mails to our
mail.domain.com machine. I just use /etc/hosts file to
resolve mail.domain.com to ip.

Do I need to setup DNS server under fbsd4.9 just to
resolve odmain.com if I send to john at domain.com?

Thank you.

 --- Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk>
wrote: > On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 03:27:00PM +0000,
Feroz F.