TTF fonts in XFree86

flux flux at hotbox.ru
Mon Dec 22 22:07:30 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

  I want to use TrueType font collection from MS Windows. I mounted my
FAT32 partition on my FreeBSD box and copied all *.TTF files from
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/ directory. Then
I added the following line into my /etc/X11R6/XF86Config:

FontPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/"

and performed startx. The thing is, those TTF fonts are still
unavailable and my WindowMaker doesn't see them as well. Would
you please try to explain me what's wrong.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 flux                          mailto:flux at hotbox.ru