Two programs trying to handle the mouse?

Kai Grossjohann kai at emptydomain.de
Mon Dec 22 10:30:21 PST 2003

"fbsd_user" <fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com> writes:

> Mouse is started from /etc/rc.conf
>
> Sounds like you did not config your mouse during the sysinstall
> when you installed FBSD from CD.

There are moused lines in /etc/rc.conf, and the mouse is working well.

The question I wanted to ask is: why does the mouse start working
BEFORE moused is started?

Hypothesis after reading "man syscons": The syscons driver displays
the mouse pointer.  moused is only responsible for handling
copy-and-paste.  That would explain why I see the mouse pointer (and
can move it) before moused is started.

kai at slowfox$ grep mouse /etc/rc.conf
moused_enable="YES"
moused_flags="-z 4"