DNS || sendmail? (or both?)

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Sun Dec 21 14:11:30 PST 2003

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 12:49:00PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Anybody know what magic incantations are necessary to make
> 	my mail server aware of my internal hosts??  If this is a
> 	DNS matter, I didn't catch it in DNS AND BIND (4th ed).
Try adding all the hosts you accept mail for to your local-host-names
file - usually /etc/mail/local-host-names by default - check the line
starting 'Fw-o' in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.

MX records should also be setup for each domain you want to accept
mail for.  Perhaps paste the DNS entries for the domains you're having
trouble with if you still can't get it to work.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer

http://munk.nu/