problem with installation

Odd Rune Strømmen oddrune at anipsyche.net
Sun Dec 21 12:04:17 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "KC" <eklipz at xanadu42.freeserve.co.uk>
To: <freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2003 5:27 AM
Subject: problem with installation

>Hi there,
>
>I've run into a problem during (actually before) installation.  It's
probably a common one, but I >couldn't find a word about it on freebsd.org.
I boot from the CD (version is 5.0), but when it gets to >the "probing for
devices" screen, it hangs.  I disconnected my internal Zip drive, but that
did >absolutely nothing.  I'm really excited about using FreeBSD and I would
truly appreciate any help >you folks can provide.

>Cheers,
>Casey

Hi Casey,

First of all, we need to know the hardware you are currently using, as it
seems like that's the source
of the problem. You're onto something with disconnecting your Zip drive, but
you should also try the elimination-method, disconnecting one device, try to
boot, disconnect another and try to boot, etc.

Best regards
Odd Rune Strømmen Lykkebø, Lt.