Post with no subject

Barry Hawkins ly5t5 at allthingscomputed.com
Fri Dec 19 06:38:12 PST 2003

On Dec 18, 2003, at 1:39 PM, Davje Paramanu wrote:

> Is it available for my XP?  What peripherals are supported?  How
> vulnerable to hackers is it?  Would it be suitable for a new
> organization?
>     Davje at mtintouch.net

Davje,
	I am one of the most junior members on this list, but I can tell you
that your post in its current format is not likely to get much
feedback.  Here is what I think you questions mean and what I think the
answers are:

Question: Is it available for my XP? (translated "Is it available for
my Windows XP machine?)
Answer: In short, yes.  Your Windows XP machine is an x86 PC.  This
list is for the PowerPC (i.e., Macintosh & similar) port of FreeBSD.
Please see http://www.freebsd.org and look for x86-related information.

Question: What peripherals are supported?
Answer: Lots of them; checking http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html
will give you an idea of the available applications for FreeBSD, which
may in turn give you an idea of which peripherals are supported.  It's
really too broad of a question to address.

Queestion: How vulnerable to hackers is it?
Answer: Much, much less than your XP.

Question: Would it be suitable for a new organization?
Answer: It depends.  If the new organization is composed of mostly
Windows users, there would be a bit of a learning curve involved.

	I am forwarding your question to the FreeBSD Questions list, which is
a more appropriate location for this post.

Regards,
--
Barry C. Hawkins
All Things Computed