master.passwd -- securing

Eric F Crist ecrist at adtechintegrated.com
Thu Dec 18 09:41:18 PST 2003

Why do you want to do this?  master.passwd already is inherantly secure.
The /etc/passwd file is what's used by most programs, and master.passwd
only for login purposes.  You have to have the password stored somewhere
or there can be no authentication, unless you go with some sort of
hardware credential.

Eric F Crist
President
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc