Just a question.....

soultrax at verizon.net soultrax at verizon.net
Wed Dec 17 17:37:47 PST 2003

I havent seen another os more stable than frebsd and i love
it.  It uses less memorey than windows and linux. Thats what
i was looking for.

Now, I love computers and I have to tell you that my hobbie
is to test computers, configure them, install operating
systems on them and i want to know what i need in order to
make programs for frebsd. How to port applications for it.
I know that there are help files somewhere in your website
or on another.  First of all, im not a programmer yet, but i
want to be.

These are my questions.

What programming languages do you use for interacting with
freebsd( the kernel,ports)?
Where can i get more information on how make programs for
freebsd?
I plan on going to college to study computer science but i
dont want to waste my time studying programming languages
like visual basic, even though it wouldnt hurt. I want you
to guide me so i wont make a mistake.  i know ms software
dictates most things in the market because of their business
practices but i dont want to get stuck with it.  Freebsd is
my choice and i want it to be a meaningfull choice in my
future career.

Thats all i ask for now.  with your help in two to four
years from now ( or less if possible) you`ll hear from me
with what i can provide to you or the freebsd community.

Regards,
Luis Sime

Have a good day.