KDE, Gnome not coming down via cvsup

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Tue Dec 16 22:43:22 PST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 08:00 pm, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I run cvsup to get the ports collection updates about once or twice a week.
> I noticed that the list of ports on the FreeBSD website has separate
> categories for KDE and Gnome.  However, when I cvsup with 'ports-all' in my
> cvsup file, I don't get these directories in /usr/ports/.
>
> Is this an issue for some reason, or just a silly oversight of mine?
>
> NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

They go in the distfiles directory when you download the source tarballs. To
populate them

cd /usr/ports/x11/kde3
make fetch-recursive

and

/usr/ports/distfiles/KDE

will be populated :). The tarballs for all of the dependancies that you don't
have the source for will aslo be fetched.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA