socket: no buffer space available

Jason Taylor jasont at ceredigion.gov.uk
Tue Dec 16 03:03:38 PST 2003

> On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 16:15, Andrew Thomson wrote:
> > I've got a perl script doing some p5-sybase stuff for me.. However after
> > a while, it fails with the following error message:
> >
> > .."socket: No buffer space available"...
> >
> > I've seen other reports from other uses getting this problem however no
> > clear responses on a fix.

I had a similar problem on a (5.1-RELEASE) box with a:

bge0: <Broadcom BCM5704C Dual Gigabit Ethernet, ASIC rev. 0x2002> mem
0xfcd20000
-0xfcd2ffff,0xfcd30000-0xfcd3ffff irq 5 at device 0.0 on pci2

As well as the no buffer space problem, there were watchguard timeout
measures.

This may not be your problem, but its worth ruling out.

The fix was a kernel src patch for the bge driver.

Jason

RHYBUDD:  Mae'r wybodaeth sydd yn y neges E-Bost yma yn gyfrinachol ac mae'n bosib y bydd yn gyfreithiol freintiedig.  Os nad y sawl a fydd yn darllen y neges yma yw'r sawl y bwriadwyd yr e-bost ar ei gyfer, fe'ch hysbysir drwy hyn y gwaherddir defnyddio'r neges, ei rhannu, ei dosbarthu neu ei hatgynhyrchu gennych chi eich hun neu ar eich anogaeth.  Os cawsoch y neges yma trwy amryfusedd, a fyddech cystal â rhoi gwybod i ni ar unwaith a dychwelyd y neges wreiddiol.  Nid yw'r wybodaeth sydd yn y neges yma o reidrwydd yn cynrychioli polisi a threfn weithredu'r Cyngor.  Os cewch gan y Cyngor hwn ddeunydd heb i chi ofyn amdano neu ddeunydd tramgwyddus rhowch wybod i ni ar unwaith.
Diolch
CAUTION:  The information in this E-Mail message is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message by you or at your instigation is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error  please notify us immediately and return the original message to us.  The information in this message does not necessarily represent Council policy or procedure.  In the instance  of receiving unsolicited or offensive mail from this Council please notify us immediately.
Where information of a sensitive or highly confidential nature is to be communicated, you will be informed that this information will be sent to you in writing and not by E-Mail, unless secure arrangements are made.
Thank you.