Email problem

samy lancher washville2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 12:04:01 PST 2003

Hello all,
I have 4.5 freebsd server with apache, php and mysql. i wrote a simple php program using mail(). The mail() function returns true without any error. but the problem is the email is never delivered. I viewed the log file for mail(/var/log/maillog) and i saw the following error:

Server sendmail[351]:NOQUEUE:SYSERR(www):can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied.

I would be really thankful if someone could tell me where i am doing wrong.
In php.ini, i have set sendmail_path = "/usr/sbin/sendmail".

thanks in advance.
Naveen.