Secure Deletion (Like shred for Linux)??

Pratt, Benjamin E. bepratt at stcloudstate.edu
Mon Dec 15 11:55:11 PST 2003

Chris -

It doesn't look like they do quite what I'd like.  Here's the man page
for shred (http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?shred+1).  Shred is used
in a shell script called Autoclave
(http://staff.washington.edu/jdlarios/autoclave/) to securely wipe a
hard drive before getting rid of it.  I've attached the "autoclave.sh"
script (as long as attachments are allowed, ask me for it if you don't
get the attachment).

Ben