Removing a program

Nathan Kinkade nkinkade at ub.edu.bz
Mon Dec 15 08:34:44 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:10:08AM -0600, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I installed phpBB from the ports on my 4.7 box.  Went fine.
> Had my phpBB bulletin boards hacked, even after applying
> all the patches from phpbb.com.  My current version of
> phpBB is 2.0.0_1.  All they suggested was install the new
> version of phpBB and make sure I look for patches.
>
> So... Since I installed phpBB from the ports, how do I remove
> the program?  I want to download phpBB from their site and
> install it clean.
>
> thanks for any help,
> -Darryl

you should be able to goto the phpBB port directory and do:

# make deinstall

or you could use the pkg_delete(1) tool.  or if you have installed the
utility called portupgrage you can use the tool pkg_deinstall, which i
think is slightly more flexible than pkg_deinstall, but is just a
wrapper for pkg_delete.

Nathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D8527E49