custom release - how to install non-GENERIC kernel?

Ilya Varlashkin ilya at samara.net
Mon Dec 15 02:37:49 PST 2003

Hi All,

I'm trying to make custom release of FreeBSD with some default parameters
changed to match our local needs. I can modify GENERIC kernel config file,
produce patch and then use it during 'make release'. At the end I have
installation CD with custom kernel. However, I'd like to use one custom
kernel during installation (without FIREWALL option) and another one
to be installed for actual use (with FIREWALL enabled). How can I achieve
this?

Kind regards,
Ilya Varlashkin