Page faults every few days

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Sat Dec 13 21:26:25 PST 2003

On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 12:10  AM, paul beard wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2003, at 8:50 PM, Jaime wrote:
>> current process         = 26642 (perl5.00503)
>
> any idea what perl-based job is running and if moving to a newer perl
> version would have any effect at all?

	Its probably SpamAssassin, which is run against every incoming
message.  This causes it to have lots of copies in memory at once and
to run/quit very often.  I don't think that updating Perl will help (I
don't see why a user-space process would interfere with kernel resource
management.) and I has updated SpamAssassin several times since the
problem began.

	It was a good thought though.  I wondered the same thing myself when
this whole mess started.

							Jaime