Sound Blaster Vibra 128

Riv Octovahriz riv at cbn.net.id
Sat Dec 13 17:33:31 PST 2003

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>Riv Octovahriz <riv at cbn.net.id> writes:
>

>>Can you please tell me how to install SoundBlaster Vibra 128 on my
>>FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE ?
>>I've tried pcm, sb and sbc, and none of them works
>>

>The PCM device should be enough for at least some purposes.
>Can you describe exactly what you did to try it, and exactly what you
>did to show that it didn't work?

I try using device pcm on the kernel config
But when I boot up, it still didn't find my sound card
On the dmesg i found this line : pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1102,
dev=0x8938) at 13.0 irq 5

and the output of /dev/sdnstat didn't give me anything

# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:

While my pciconf -vl gave me this :
none0 at pci0:13:0:        class=0x040100 card=0x59381102 chip=0x89381102
rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Creative Labs'
    device   = 'EV1938 Sound'
    class    = multimedia