Releases...

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 13 17:10:26 PST 2003

On Saturday, 13 December 2003 at 17:11:55 -0500, fbsd_user wrote:
> On  Saturday, December 13, 2003 4:37 PM, Xpression wrote:
>> Hi list, I've donwloading 5.0

Why that?  5.1 has been out for a long time, and 5.2 is just round the
corner.

>> but yesterday at night give me an error, when I enter the site
>> again it was dissapeared, I've checked
>> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/index.html and 5.2 isn't there and
>> not in the home page too...can anybody tell me which is the lastest
>> -STABLE (I was thinking 4.9) ???
>
> Yes 4.9 is the official stable production release.  All the 5.x
> versions are the bleeding edge development versions.

That will change with 5.2, hopefully in a week or two.  fbsd_, you can
do yourself and others a favour by installing the current 5.2 Release
Candidate.  You'll find the ISOs in
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/5.2.

Greg