startup scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Andre Grove ondrugs at ananzi.co.za
Fri Dec 12 05:38:31 PST 2003

sorry. i have too much faith in ESP i guess. this is the script that is
supposed to run:

#!/usr/local/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/caau1 modem crtscts 115200 lock asyncmap 0
defaultroute debug passive persist

It's supposed to bring up the PPP interface, but it doesn't. but running
the script manually (not the command itself) does.
There is no references in /var/spooll/messages that the script was even
attempted at bootup.