freeBSD 4.9 won't boot after installation

flux flux at hotbox.ru
Wed Dec 10 22:18:31 PST 2003

Hello estate,

It's true. I got the same problem with my FreeBSD 5.0 box. I guess
it's sort of a bug or something with boot manager installation. To get
rid of that problem just boot from you FreeBSD 4.9 CD-ROM and run
partition configuration utility from menu. And re-set your bootable
partition and re-install the boot manager. I choose standard boot
manager always. In that way you should boot FreeBSD system after
restarting without re-installing it.