I'm having a hell of a time with mysql/apache/php

chip.wiegand at simrad.com chip.wiegand at simrad.com
Wed Dec 10 07:33:31 PST 2003

I installed 5.1 and need to install apache2/mysql/php. I did this a month
ago and it worked great. Now I cannot get any of them to install. (I'm
using the same cd, on a computer that is the same as the previous one).
The errors keep coming back to the compiler. It says

Checking if conversion of longlong to float works... segmentation fault
(core dumped)
no
configure: error: your compiler cannot convert a longlong value to a
float. If you are using gcc 2.8.# you should upgrade to egcs 1.0.3 or
newer and try again

I have tried to upgrade to egcs 1.0.3 but it fails also - it's marked as
broken "bad c++ code".
Any suggestions on what to do now?
--
Chip