Linux Hardware Drivers with FreeBSD?

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Dec 10 06:29:53 PST 2003

"Jonathan Walters" <oodryyg at msn.com> writes:

> I connect to the internet with a wireless card (Blitzz 802.11b 11Mbps
> Wireless LAN PCI Card, http://www.iblitzz.com). This has always worked
> well under Windows 2000, but now I'd like to do the same with FreeBSD
> 4.9. Unfortunately, the closest drivers available on their website are
> one for RedHat 7.3 or one for 8.0. Is there any way for this work, or
> do I need to look for an alternate connection?

Will the wi(4) driver work with it?  [You may need to check the
chipset from the card itself -- I can't find that information on the
web, not that you mentioned the specific model...]

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/