how to build Spamassassin

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Tue Dec 9 18:17:38 PST 2003

> [ snip ]
>
> I did suggest a very quick, easy and effective fix. It would have taken
> you less than two hours to download, build and configure perl and multiple
> CPAN modules [1] and been on your way.

Nick.   I did all of what I said *BEFORE* you e-mailed your (excellent)
suggestion.  I will of course be trying what you suggest but cannot yet
perform time travel ;-)

> [2] I don't know what you do with your server, but I do a lot of
> internet-related stuff and it's an arena of dynamic development. I've
> never found the ports able to keep up with the software I need. I build
> perl, apache and their various components (mod_perl, mod_ssl etc) by hand,
> and rely on the ports for other stuff. OTOH, as someone pointed out, the

Agreed.  This is what I normally did, but when I ran into a problem with
Postfix (wrt sendmail compatability) I was whacked over the knuckes for
not using the Port :-)

Anyways, thanks much for your excellent advice.

Tony