How to make printer print faster?

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Tue Dec 9 14:01:23 PST 2003

On stardate Tue, 9 Dec 2003, the wise Peter Ulrich Kruppa entered:

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I own a HP LaserJet 2100, connected to my home network. According to the
> > specifications it should be able to print 10 pages per minute. When using
> > Windows that's not a problem. But using FreeBSD (with lpd configured with
> > help of Apsfilter from the ports) it prints very slowly, I guess about 2
> > pages per minute.
> >
> > Is it possible to make printing go faster?
> Start apsfilter's setup and play around with resolutions and
> qualities.
> If you need different quality standards, you could give them
> different names like hplaser_lo and hplaser_hi .

Well I just tried a lot of settings (resolution to 300dpi, quality to
high/medium/low) but it has not influenced the speed of printing at all.
The only driver that seems suitable for my printer is the lj5mono or
lj5gray.

Any other suggestions?

gr.
Marco