ipfw keep-state (ASAP anwser need)

Rob listone at deathbeforedecaf.net
Tue Dec 9 01:58:03 PST 2003

I would suggest

    ipfw add 4100 allow udp from me to any 53 keep-state
    ipfw add 4200 allow udp from any to me 53 keep-state

which allows either side to initiate the connection. You will also need TCP
versions of these rules (DNS uses both).

If you use ipfw2, which is the default in 5.x, you can combine them into the
same rule like so:

    ipfw add 4100 allow ( tcp or udp ) from me to any 53 keep-state
    ipfw add 4200 allow ( tcp or udp ) from any to me 53 keep-state

What does /var/log/security show?